How will this program benefit me and my family?
Attend a fun and interactive environment where participants take part in various physical activities and to obtain information on healthy eating based on the Get Healthy with Canada’s Food Guide. Receive guidance and support in order to embrace a healthier lifestyle.
What can I Expect?
- Participants start off by taking part in a fitness class led by a certified fitness instructor. Activities may include working out with an exercise ball, hand weights, tension bands, skipping rope and/or step bench.
- Afterwards in a group format, participants will engage in a brief group discussion while children are playing in a high quality learning environment with trained support staff.
- Gain more knowledge on how to improve the overall health and physical activity of yourself and your family.
- Receive information and educational resources on a variety of topics that reflect the needs of the group.
- The opportunity to meet new people with similar interests.
- Healthy snacks & refreshments are provided.
- Transportation may be provided.